Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blog Focus

Growing up, I was always involved with sports. Not only did I play numerous sports for the first 17 years of my life but I was also an avid viewer and attendee. I would watch classic Red Sox games with my grandfather, football games with my dad and attend Bruins games with my uncle. As I got older, I developed a liking for not only professional sports, but college sports as well. My friends never understood why I liked sports so much. Now that I look back, I realized that I loved them because they created lasting memories along with entertainment. The fast-paced lifestyle and never knowing what would happen next in the game was so thrilling to me. That is why I want to join and follow the world of sports public relations.


The individuals who are in the sports PR profession work almost seven days a week during season. They are responsible for setting up press conferences, answering the media’s and other’s requests, managing public crises with individual players or teams, making a team name known and bringing spectators in and keeping them hooked. There never seems to be a dull moment in this field of public relations and to me that is one of the most exciting aspects to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment