Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peer Blogs

After looking through the blog’s of my classmates this week, I found many that I enjoyed reading but today I chose to focus on two.  Caryn’s blog focuses on technology and PR and this post specifically focused on social media and how it’s changing the field of PR.  I felt that this topic was relevant to my blog because in today’s sports society many sports organizations rely on social media in order to get the message out.  For example, on Twitter, I follow the NHL and the Boston Bruins hockey team.  Every time I log on to my Twitter account, I see numerous posts from each organization daily.  The posts vary from updates to the roster to drawing attention to popular teams at the time to photos from team practices and press conferences.  In particular, the Bruins do a great job at keeping their Twitter and Facebook pages updated as to the latest scores, stats, contest and news.  This new method of communication to publics helps sports teams engage their fans in events and keeps them in tuned of what is going on.

Another post that I found interesting was Whitney’s post about deceptive advertising among pharmaceutical companies.  One fact from her blog that struck me was that the Food and Drug Administration does not have to approve ads for pharmaceuticals.  That means that deceptive advertising can make its way into the market and wrongfully lead a consumer into purchasing the drug.  The fact that there is not a more intense regulation for these ads surprised me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment